Who’s in Charge Around Here Anyway?
“Providence” is God’s sovereignty + His love!
I was very impressed by the following during my Bible reading today of Genesis 41… The story of Joseph in prison in Egypt, the interpretation of several dreams (including Pharaoh’s), his meteoric (and providential) rise to power to ultimately bring provision to the people of Egypt (and ultimately to the people of Israel) in famine. You really need to read this chapter!!!
Here are the evidences of God’s “Providence”…
1) His concern for the people of Egypt
2) God’s communication through Pharoah with two dreams
3) God’s positioning of a righteous and godly person (Joseph), unjustly accused, in prison who was able to interpret God’s purposes and give wisdom about what to do to face a national crisis
4) God favor upon Joseph that resulted in his incredible rise from prison to palace, and his great significance to a needy nation as it faced a crisis
5) God’s ultimate plan to save His people
And there are probably more sovereign, providential acts of God that could be identified…
My opinion? God is ultimately capable! He knows what He is doing! His purposes are beyond our human understanding! HE CAN BE TRUSTED TO “WORK ALL THINGS TOGETHER FOR GOOD FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM AND ARE THE CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE! (Romans 8:28) Ask Joseph!!!