Several years ago in my study of Hebrews 11 I developed the following definition of “faith” and the principles that govern it appropriate expression. I trust it will be a blessing to you!
Definition of “Faith”
Faith is confidence in God… trusting His character, believing and obeying His word, embracing His promises, following His leadership, and drawing upon his encouragement and strength.
Bartel’s Suggested 10 Lessons from Hebrews 11
- Faith depends on the reliability of God’s character.
- Faith is predicated on divine revelation.
- Faith demands obedience.
- Faith follows the Lord’s leadership and guidance.
- Faith requires spiritual eyesight.
- Faith expects God to fulfill His promises.
- Faith expects and experiences miracles
- Faith endures seeming contradiction and difficult circumstances
- Faith requires sustained confidence and patience.
- Faith does not require perfection in order for it to work.