It’s January 1 – 2021 has dawned… A new year! New challenges! New opportunities! Who knows what the new year will bring! Just some of the thoughts that ran through my mind as I celebrated “Coffee with the Lord” this morning.
My Bible reading for today, January 1, using the “Necessary Food” Bible reading plan included: Genesis 1:1 – 2:3; Job 1:1-5; Isaiah 1:1-31; Matthew 1:1-17; and Romans 1:1-7).
The introductory passage in Job especially impressed me today… you need to read it! I trust and pray that during the coming year I, by the grace of God, will exhibit the same godly character as Job (regardless of what life brings – and that’s the message of Job)!
1. A life that is “blameless” – Job lived above accusation!
2. Job was “upright” – what he was in behavior and lifestyle flowed from inner righteousness and integrity.
3. He reverenced (or “feared”) the Lord!
4. He avoided anything that was evil – He “turned away from evil” – in other words he was scrupulously righteous.
5. His lifestyle was made even more remarkable and attractive because he enjoyed God’s favor and blessing (He was the greatest of all the people of the east”).
6. He was a spiritual leader at home, exhibiting an ongoing concern for the spiritual welfare of his family.
What a man! I desire to live that kind of life in the coming year (and beyond)! Oh Lord, help me!!