Here’s a wonderful checklist to achieve maximum impact and influence as a Christ-follower in your neighborhood and within your culture… (Apostle Paul originally wrote it to believers in Rome, a pagan city fixated with “power politics” and “image consciousness” – but believe me, it’s good stuff for Christians who desire to influence their culture positively for Christ!)
Try it on for size… you might even want to make a list out of it and put it up somewhere in your office or home…
- Exhibit real love to others: “Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them! … Love each other with genuine affection.
- “Hate what is wrong! Hold tightly to what is good.
- “Take delight in honoring each other.
- “Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically.
- “Rejoice in hope.
- “Be patient in times of trouble,
- “Keep on praying.
- “When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them.
- “Be eager to practice hospitality.
- “Bless those who persecute you. Don’t curse them! Pray for God to bless them.
- “Be happy with those who are happy, and weep with those who weep.
- “Live in harmony with each other.
- “Don’t be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people.
- “And don’t think you know it all!
- Don’t try to get even! “Never pay back evil with more evil… Instead, If your enemies are hungry, feed them. If they are thirsty, give them something to drink.
- “Do everything in such a way that others can see you are honorable.
- Try to get along with others: “Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone.
- “Don’t let evil conquer you but conquer evil by doing good.
Wow! What a list! I want to positively influence those around me for Christ, don’t you! Give the list a title like, “How to Influence Your Neighbors for Christ” … Hey, I’m going to do it!