The past several days I’ve been reflecting on my personal core commitments (and convictions) as a Christian… Here they are…
- The authority and accuracy of the Bible – the Holy Scriptures. My all sufficient guide for faith and daily living.
- The pervasive and destructive impact of sin upon creation, culture and humanity.
- The redemptive and restorative power of the gospel.
- The centrality of Jesus Christ to God’s redemptive plan.
- The essential power of the Holy Spirit.
- The one true God – holy, loving, sovereign, eternal, our creator and Heavenly Father.
- The Church – the corporate expression of “the body of Christ” in our world and local communities.
They’re not perfect I am sure, and are not comprehensive of all I believe, but they are core convictions that I hold dear as a Christian. I hope you share them with me… They guide my life and are the basis for my faith and hope.