Who would you say knows you better than anyone else?
I would say God does!
I read a well-known and wonderful passage of Scripture this morning and decided to do a kind of personal “Cliff Notes” version of it. It’s a Psalm – Psalm 139 – and you owe it to yourself to read the whole thing (only 24 verses), reflect deeply on every profound phrase, and even memorize it… Here’s the title I’ve given it…
Psalm 139: A Prayer to the One Who Knows You Best!
- You know EVERYTHING about me – EVERYTHING! Past, present and future! (Vss. 1-6)
- You are ALWAYS with me – I can NEVER get away from your presence! (Vss. 7-12)
- You SAW ME before I was born – You MADE ME! (Vss. 13-16)
- You CONTINUALLY think about me – I am ALWAYS in Your thoughts! (Vss. 17-18)
- Oh Lord, please deal with the wicked – those who are Your enemies (and mine)! (Vss. 19-22)
- So here’s my sincere response – my heartfelt prayer to a God like you…
“Search me, O God, and know my heart! Test me and know my anxious thoughts! Point out ANYTHING in my life that offends you! And lead me along the path of everlasting life! (Vss. 23-24)