Today’s “coffee with the Lord” reflection is a sequel to yesterday’s. Yesterday was based upon Romans 4:18-25 and dealt with what the Bible refers to as “justification.” In other words, how we “get right with God” – How we who are guilty sinners can become righteous… That happens through faith in what Christ has done on our behalf – through His death, burial and resurrection we can be considered “right with God” – righteous in God’s sight!
This morning’s passage in my Bible reading was the sequel – Romans 5:1-5 (You really need to give it a read!). This is what I wrote in the margin of my Bible after “coffee with the Lord” this morning… “Wow! The awesome benefits of being made right with God by faith! Getting right with God is just the beginning! So many other wonderful benefits of “justification” accrue to us as a result of that experience!”
Here’s my personal list based upon Romans 5:1-5…
1. Peace with God (not just peace FROM God – I am at peace WITH God – I’m right with God)!
2. I have God’s “grace” to “stand in” – God’s grace as the foundation for my life!
3. I rejoice in the hope that one day I’ll share in the glory of God (heaven, being in His presence forever)!
4. I can even rejoice when I’m suffering, knowing that my suffering doesn’t destroy me – it develops me!
5. And over it all, God’s love is poured in my heart every day through the Holy Spirit God gives me!
Oh, and I can’t help but add one more that’s described in the verses that follow (verses 6-11) … We rejoice because we have been saved from God’s wrath (His righteous response to sin that is not dealt with) and reconciled to God!
Wow! Praise the Lord! Getting “right with God” through faith in Christ has some awesome benefits! Really glad I got “right with God!”