I don’t mean to scare you… But life is a journey – often a long journey filled with all kinds of dangers! We, like pilgrims, lift our eyes… and there are dangers everywhere!
- Seen and unseen
- Those we can prepare for and those we can’t prepare for
- Human dangers – natural dangers
- Physical dangers – spiritual dangers
- Deadly dangers – damaging dangers
- Dangers at night – dangers in full daylight
- Dangers that are Intended or purposeful – those that are unintended or accidental
- Dangers that are discriminatory – those that are indiscriminate
- Those that are consequences of our actions and those that are capricious
The question that grips our mind… “Where does any help come from in light of these dangers!”
The faith of the pilgrim answers him/her from deep within… “My help comes from the Lord! The one who created (and sustains) heaven and earth!
This reflection was provoked by reading the following Psalm in the Bible this morning…
“I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth! He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all evil! He will keep your life! The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore!” (Psalm 121 ESV)
Just let me say… I’m relieved and I’m grateful! Aren’t you? Lord, I’ve placed my life (and the lives of those I love) in your hand! Thank you Lord!