From eternity past into eternity future… “The Jesus story! A manger and beyond!” His exalted position to the Father’s right hand!
Wow! The story of Christmas begins with the Eternal Son of God existing with the Father in the glories of heaven… then Jesus came to earth, identified with humanity, being born in the humblest of circumstances as a babe in a stable manger… His identification with us continued throughout His earthly life and ended with His death on the cross for our sins… But He conquered death through the power of God and lives forever! … And then the reflection for today – He ascended from earth back to heaven and assumed His rightful place of power, dominion, and authority at the Heavenly Father’s right hand! What a story of “rags to riches” – from humble servant to royal authority!
Too many passages of Scripture to cite on the subject but here’s a sampling… I urge you to look them up and reflect upon the theme “from eternity past into eternity future – the Jesus story! The exalted position of Jesus TODAY at the Father’s right hand!”
What’s He doing there? Well several things…
• He’s assumed once again His rightful place as God – a place of honor and authority as a member of the Trinity! (Matthew 26:63-64; Mark 14:62; Luke 16:19; 22:69; Acts 7:55-56; Hebrews 1:3; 1 Peter 3:22)
• From that position of authority He is granting forgiveness of sin to all who repent and believe. (Acts 5:30-31)
• It is from there that He has poured out His Spirit on those who believe and receive. (Acts 2:32-35)
• He is there “interceding” on our behalf (i.e. pleading the benefits of His death, burial and resurrection on our behalf). (Romans 8:31-34; Hebrews 8:1-6; 10:11-14)
• From that exalted position Jesus becomes our great encourager in our journey from earth to heaven and becomes the focus of hearts and values! (Hebrews 121-4; Colossians 3:1-5)
So, here’s the awesome newsbreak… The Eternal Son of God who humbled Himself and became one of us and was born in a manger, lived a sinless life among us and was ultimately crucified on a cross for our sin… Rose from the grave and is now exalted in heaven to the Heavenly Father’s right hand! Gotta tell you, based upon what the Bible says, I’m really glad He is back there in His rightful, exalted position of power and authority on our behalf!