What do genuine Spiritual leaders – “Great Hearts” – pray about? What is their passion – their heartbeat and desire for those they lead?
Colossians 1:3-14 gives us a glimpse through the “apostolic prayerlife” of Apostle Paul
First of all they’re thankful…That the gospel is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world!
Then they have two major prayer requests for fellow Christians…
1. That they might fully comprehend God’s will (1:9b)
2. That their lives might honor and please the Lord (1:10a) By…
- Continual fruitfulness evidenced by good works
- A growing, deepening, personal relationship with Christ
- Endurance and patience in trials, faced with the strength that God supplies
- Expressing gratitude to God for His salvation
This is not an exhaustive list of the kinds of things “great hearts” (those with the “heart of an apostle”) pray about (other things are revealed in the other “apostolic prayers”)… but this is a partial, representative list.
Oh, listen to me… I want to have, and exhibit, the “heart of an apostle!”
Dr. Bartel – Would you mind reaching out to me. I wanted to touch base with you on a class related issue from 2015.
Tabs, I’ll respond via Messenger to you… I saw your comment just haven’t gotten to it 😦 sorry!